Franklands offers Insurance for Surveyors

Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you are alleged to have caused financial loss to a client, professional indemnity insurance provides cover for the legal costs and expenses in defending the claim, as well as compensation payable should the claim be valid.

Types of claims normally covered by professional indemnity insurance typically include:

  • Negligence – making a mistake or giving bad advice
  • Infringement of intellectual property rights – often the result of a misunderstanding
  • Defamation – damaging the reputation of a person or organisation
  • Breach of confidence – sharing confidential information without consent
  • Loss - of documents, data, goods or money for which you are responsible

Regardless of how diligent you are, there is always the possibility you (or one of your team) could make a mistake. Claims can arise from a simple misjudgment or misunderstanding should the client feel they have suffered financial loss.

Professional Indemnity Insurance is written on a 'claims made' basis, which means that it is the insurer of the policy in place when a claim is received that will respond rather than the insurer in place when the negligent act occurred.

Professional indemnity insurance should always be written around the needs of the specific business. To negotiate the right policy for you your insurance broker should have specialist knowledge and experience of your sector. We have been arranging professional indemnity insurance for over 30 years and currently act directly for hundreds of companies throughout the UK.


Client Director in charge of the PI team

Five great reasons to choose us...

Strong insurer relationships

Act for hundreds of surveying firms across UK

Surveyor industry specialists

Friendly professional service

30 years experience

Get a quote

You are all brilliant! Consistently efficient.

Dunphy & Hayes Ltd

Request a quote

Complete our simple online form and get a quote for your PI insurance

Request a quote

Arrange a callback

Need to speak to a specialist? Leave your details and we'll call you back

Call me back